The Foundation Clinic is located in Johannesburg, South Africa, the largest urban forest in the world, with beautiful gardens to relax and reflect in. The multidisciplinary staff at the recovery clinic comprises of a professional consultant team of a clinical social worker, recovery coaches, trauma coach and counsellor, 12-step coach, nutrition and fitness coach, dance teacher, and other certified facilitators, as well as a medical doctor and 24-hour nursing support staff. The clinic’s focus is the treatment of substance abuse and addictive behaviour disorders.
The 10-week multidisciplinary programme offers a complete continuum of care for clients who struggle with:
- Addiction challenges
- Substance use disorders
- Addictive behaviour disorders (e.g. gambling, sex, food)
Each client’s treatment and recovery programmes are managed by professionally trained team, with recommendations made in line with the individual’s personal and professional circumstances. Although the clinic is not a dual-diagnosis unit, the therapeutic and medical team are familiar with mental health disorders, and we work with a strong network of psychiatrists in the area.
The programme is multi-faceted and includes the following:
- 5-7 Day Medically Assisted Detox Programme (depending on the substance)
- 24-Day Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Programme
- 24-Day Cognitive Behavioural Coaching (CBC) Programme
- 24-Day Recovery Wellness and Reintegration Programme
The client’s programme over the treatment period includes:
- Medical Assessment and consultation with a specialised GP
- Individual Therapy & Recovery Coaching
- Group Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Psycho Education
- Goal Setting
- Recovery Coaching
- Relapse Prevention
- The Brain in Recovery
- Trauma Resiliency Counselling
- Creative Therapy
- 12-Step Fellowship Orientation and Step Work
- Nutrition and Fitness Coaching
- Movement and Dance
- Logo-Jitsu (a unique combination of logotherapy and jujitsu)
- Psychiatric Assessments can be arranged as required, but there is an additional cost associated with psychiatric consultations.
- Psychiatric and chronic medication are not covered in the cost of treatment.
- We recommend that clients bring a copy of their prescription or at least a 30-day supply of their medications, as medication may differ slightly in the South African market.