The Recovery Wellness elements of the programme are focused on developing a set of practical tools and techniques that clients can start to implement in their lives. These include work in the following areas, which comprises of coaching, adult education and peer support:
- Spiritual principles and personal values
- Creating mental, emotional, social, spiritual & physical #RecoveryCapital
- Understanding and expressing mature emotions, and dealing with guilt and shame
- Developing anger alternatives and implementing health boundaries
- Understanding and coping with triggers and urges
- Correcting irrational beliefs and developing effective thinking
- Identifying life areas for personal and professional growth and development
- Goal setting and action planning … and more!
The programme encourages clients to take personal responsibility for the recovery and wellness and develop a strong set of coping techniques, communication and problem-solving skills, and deepen their awareness of their disorder and how to manage their lives in a healthy and holistic manner.
On completion of the programme clients have 11 months’ access to the clinic’s outpatient programme to support them during the first year of their personal recovery.
Following the completion of secondary care the clinic also offers a 3 – 6 month reintegration programme as well as having a halfway house on the property. Both these options give clients the opportunity to deepen their recovery in a safe, adult environment.