- 5-day detox programme [medically assisted if necessary].
- There will be additional charges for certain medication (if required) and extra days.
- Alcohol/benzo detox will require a minimum admission of seven days.
- This admission is done at the discretion of the treating physician and may require a hospital detox period prior to treatment admission.
The Foundation Clinic detox programme is undertaken as follows:
- During the detox you are considered a patient under the medical care of one of our consultant doctors and under the therapeutic care of the team headed up by Clinical Social Worker Judith Gordon-Drake.
- The programme runs for 5 – 14 days (or part thereof) and admission takes place from a Monday to Friday during normal office hours.
- The programme can be started over a weekend, but then normal weekend routines apply which may differ from the weekday procedures, sessions and activities.
- Once the client has been settled and is medically cleared, they are introduced to the treatment and recovery process and can start attending certain groups.
- Detox clients are given plenty of time to rest and relax, but individual therapy can be arranged on request.
- The professional staff are available to assist the patients in making decisions and plans regarding full treatment and recovery options.
Day 1: Medical & Physical History
- Patient’s medical history and physical assessment will be undertaken by the medical staff.
Day 2 – 5: Rest and Monitoring
- Patients are given plenty of time to rest while being monitored by the medical staff.
- Medical aid approval, payments and other financial arrangements will be discussed prior to admission.
- Pre-authorisations are completed by the admin team.
- Patients are evaluated during this time and medical, physical, treatment and recovery recommendations are made by the medical staff and therapeutic team.
- Medical protocols are initiated on admission, under the care of a general practitioner.
Day 5 – 14 : In-House Treatment
- Clients are required to part in in-house treatment activities including (but not limited to) AA & NA Meetings, creative therapy, nutrition and fitness, recovery coaching and meditation. Access to the full programme is limited, but detox clients may attend the Recovery Wellness Outaptient Programme in the afternoons to support their treatment.
- If detox clients would like to join the programme following discharge, arrangements can be made.
- It is recommended that a patient attend at least one session with a social worker or recovery coach to discuss post-treatment recovery plans.
- On the final day clients’ discharge procedures will be conducted by a member of the clinical/therapeutic team.