The Treatment Approach
The programme is strongly grounded in adult education and recovery coaching, and is a very client-centred approach to long-term recovery.
The client will be expected to engage in certain aspects of the treatment programme when they are on the premises along with the independent activities that they have scheduled for the week. The weekly schedule will be reviewed with the coach, and off-premises leave approved if it is suitable for the client’s personal growth and development.
The client can expect:
- Access to inpatient group sessions;
- Access to Recovery Wellness Outpatient Programme;
- Access to non-therapeutic groups including creative therapy, nutrition and fitness, logo-jitsu and movement and meditation classes;
- Access to 12-step and recovery support groups six evenings a week;
- Weekly sessions with a Recovery Coach;
- Three meals a day;
- Shared accommodation;
- Laundry and cleaning services (Monday – Friday);
- Use of the clinic’s facilities.
Clients may stay on the property during the day as long as they are actively engaged in something productive. If they are not working or studying during this time, we recommend attendance at groups. Volunteer work is also an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth.
The client will have to follow the rules and regulations outlined in our admission forms, but will have scheduled computer and phone times outside of the regular hours as scheduled.
After discharge the client will be encouraged to continue to attend the outpatient programme, at no additional cost, for the remainder of the 12-month period.